Sunday 5 July 2015

Health & Safety Rules Observed in Module Three

 I particularly observed the following health and safety roles during Module Three:
 
  • Keeping beads and buttons safely stored in containers (there was one incident where they fell on the floor and I slipped on them in a comedy cartoon style but I learnt my lesson!).
  • Covering surfaces with paper etc to protect the floor/desk etc.
  • Washing hands after using paint, dyes and pva glue and wearing suitable protective clothing.
  • Using Dylon dye powder carefully to avoid breathing it in.
  • Wearing gloves while handling Dylon dye.
  • Storing spare Dylon dye powder in sealed containers.
  • Storing dyed seeds carefully so that I didn't accidentally eat them (or feed them to the hamster!) as I was going through a seed-eating fad at the time.
  • Calculating how much dye to make up so that there was nothing left to dispose of (better for the environment if there is no wastage).
  • Taking extra care when using the sewing machine with the needle exposed (e.g. when creating cords) so as not to stab myself.  (I confess: I did stab myself once.  It hurt. I didn't do it again!).
  • Taking care not to breath in felt fibres when handling.
  • Working with caution while handling wire (espcially the thin silver wire) so as not to pierce fingers.
  • Using scissors and wire cutters carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment