Sunday 5 July 2015

Evaluation of Assessment Piece

The completed embroidered assessment piece for Module Three is a fascinator/headband based on the design topic of spirals.

Image 1 - Headpiece:

Headband

I feel really pleased with my final outcome - I am happy with the colourway and the the spirals give height and structure to the piece.  The beads on the spirals give a sparkle.

I think it is fit for purpose as a wearable facinator - I have tried to make the headband as robust as possible and the spirals are made from thick wire and take quite a bit to bend out of shape.  The only problem is that it is difficult to store and requires some kind of box.

If I were to make it again I would give the flower a stem and lift it up slightly so it wasn't sitting on the head but above.  I would also embellish the felt with machine embroidery before cutting out the petals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment