Monday 17 January 2011

Inlay Appliqué – Counterchange Sample 3

Now onto the final, more complex, sample.  This time I cut different patterns/crosses from two different squares (to get four different pieces) and bonded them onto four entirely whole squares.  Then I cut out the swirly star from each piece and inlaid them into each other!  Gosh that sounds jolly complicated!
Image 1 – The finished sample with one line of running stitch on each portion to tie them all together:Counterchange Sample 3
Image 2 – The top-left square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up a
Image 3 – Close up of the top-left square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up a1
Image 4 – Top-right square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up b
Image 5 – Bottom-left square (my favourite portion!):Counterchange 3 Close-Up c
Image 6 – Bottom-left square mid-stitching:Counterchange Sample 3 WIP
Image 7 – Close up of bottom-left square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up c1
Image 8 – Close up of bottom-left square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up c2
Image 9 – Close up of bottom-left square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up c3
Image 10 – Bottom-right square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up d
Image 11 – Close up of bottom-right square:Counterchange 3 Close-Up d1
This sample is ripe for embellishment – I could go knot crazy on the blocks of colour, maybe use some tiny sequins (my new favourite things).  But I won’t.  I’m saving my energy for the final stitched chapter of the module which I’m itching to get on with.
If I did this piece again I would take more time bonding the initial shapes.  Embellishment would secure any edges with a loose bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment