Monday 17 January 2011

Inlay Appliqué – Counterchange Sample 2

Time for something a little more complicated!  I was very careful with my cutting because I didn’t want any big gaps at points.  Using four squares I cut a simple shape from each of them and swapped them around.
Image 1 – Tacked onto a fabric for stitching.  I didn’t use tissue paper because it wouldn’t have given enough support for going through the sewing machine:Counterchange Sample 2 WIP 1
Image 2 – Close up of tacked pieces before introducing them to the machine:Counterchange Sample 2 WIP 2
Image 3 – Getting to work…:Counterchange Sample 2 WIP 3
Image 4 – The finished piece:Counterchange Sample 2
Image 5 – Close up of finished piece:Counterchange 2 Close-Up 1
Image 6 – Close up of finished piece:Counterchange 2 Close-Up 2
Image 7 – Close up of finished piece:Counterchange 2 Close-Up 4
Image 8 – Close up of finished piece:Counterchange 2 Close-Up 5
I decided not to embellish it further because I quite like the mix of simple block-coloured shapes with more interesting patterned ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment