Sunday 6 February 2011

Paper Experiments

Chapter 11 begins with paper experiments.  How can you grow/disintegrate a piece of paper?

Image 1 – Here I’ve tried to grow/disintegrate using different size shape cutting (I think the top left cutting is quite effective):Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 1

Image 2 – Cutting and folding a square of paper:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 2

Image 3 – Close up of the top left cutting:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 3

Image 4 – I love the 3D nature of the foldingChapter 11 - Paper Experiments 4

Image 5 – another close up showing the folding giving a 3D effect:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 5

Image 6 – Ripping out sections:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 6

Image 7 – Ripping, poking and cutting:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 7

Image 8 – Another folding close-up:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 8

Image 9 – Ripped the square into a spiral:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 9

Image 10 – Spiral from the side.  Whilst the square has disintegrated another shape has been formed:Chapter 11 - Paper Experiments 10

I particularly like the ‘windmill’ (images 3 and 4) and I might take that further into my resolved sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment