Monday 17 January 2011

Inlay Appliqué – Preparing the Squares

I began the preparation work for chapter 10 back in September 2010 right before I had to pack up for revision and then relocation back to sunny Devon!  I decided to create a lot of felt squares to play with so found a handy white blanket and a pale blue blanket from Ikea (oh how I miss Belfast Ikea!) and got painting and stamping.
Image 1 - Painting and stamping on pieces of blanket: Making Squares 1
Image 2 – More painting and stamping:Making Squares 2
Image 3 – Close up of some stamping with a second stamped layer of silver ink:Making Squares 3
You can see where the colour has gradually bled from the stamped pattern.
Image 4 – Blanket painted yellow with gold and white acrylic stamping:Making Squares 4
Image 5 – Stamping yellow and silver onto painted blanket:Making Squares 5
When they were dry I cut them into approximately 4.5x4.5 inch squares.
Image 6 – A big pile of squares!Making Squares 6
I decided that I would create a few more ‘interesting’ squares and added layers with the help of bondaweb.
Image 7 – Blue square with scraps of fabric and chopped up silver cord sandwiched under blue netting:Making Squares 7
Image 8 – Plain yellow square with green organza on top:Making Squares 8
Image 9 – Yellow square with bits and bobs sandwiched under yellow netting:Making Squares 9
Image 10 – Yellow square with curious fabric I found in my stash (black net with silver glitter all over!):Making Squares 10
Image 11 – Blue square with blue organza on top:Making Squares 11
Image 12 – Printed blue square with beads and stars under blue organza:Making Squares 12
Image 13 – Yellow square with chopped up silver cord under yellow netting:Making Squares 13
Image 14 – I ended up with quite a stash of squares to play with!Making Squares 14

No comments:

Post a Comment