Sunday 6 February 2011

Making Fabric Disintegrate or Grow 3

Making a shape using multiples of the same shape.

Image 1 – First I cut out shapes from my decorative fabrics:Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 19

Image 2 – I cut squares of gold organza and pinned them to a yellow backing fabric, sandwiching in some yellow netting.  I sewed each organza square individually:Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 15

Image 3 – The finished backing:Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 17

Image 4 – Close up of the backing fabric:Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 18

Image 5 – Next I added the cut shapes and free embroidered them:Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 21

Image 6 – Stitching the final shape:
Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 22

Image 7 – The finished piece. I really like the shapes of the voids produced:Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 23

Image 8 – Close up: Chapter 11 - Disintegration with Stitch - 25

No comments:

Post a Comment