Sunday 6 February 2011

Disintegrating Fabric 2

I decided to have a play with bondaweb and thread waste to ‘grow’ a piece of fabric!

Image 1 – First I covered a piece of bondaweb with yellow, white and silver thread waste:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 13

Image 2 – With another piece of bondaweb on the top I ironed to bond using greaseproof paper to prevent scorching:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 14

Image 3 – My bondaweb thread sandwich:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 15

Image 4 – Off came the top backing paper:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 16

Image 5 – Off came the other backing sheet to reveal my bonded square:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 17

Image 6 – Close up of the square.  You can see the texture of the melted glue and in the right light it sparkles a little:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 18

Image 7 – My chosen shape cut out from the bonded fabric square:Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 19

Image 8 – The remaining bonded fabric square (I like this more than the actual shape itself!):Chapter 11 - Disintegrating Fabric 20

1 comment: