Thursday 26 December 2019

Chapter 7 – Pulp and Woven Grids (Part 1)

I wove materials around frames and dipped them in paper pulp.  I used natural materials from my allotment (e.g. bindweed – ghastly stuff!), twine and some acrylic wool.  The pulp bonded with the natural materials very well.


7.1 – Sheet of dipped grids
Untitled

7.2 – Green jute twine (front)
Untitled

7.3 – Green jute twine (back)
Untitled

7.4 – Grass (front)
Untitled

7.5 – Grass (back)
Untitled

7.6 – Acrylic yarn (front)
Untitled

7.7 – Acrylic yarn (back)
Untitled

7.8 – Nettle stems (front)
Untitled

7.9 – Nettle stems (back)
Untitled

7.10 – Bindweed (front)
Untitled

7.11 – Bindweed (back)
Untitled

7.12 – Grass (front)
Untitled

7.12 – Grass (back)
Untitled

7.13 – Grass (front)
Untitled

7.14 – Grass (back)
Untitled

I wrapped the natural ‘fibres’ when I was up the allotment and it was lovely to work outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment