Monday 15 July 2013

Chapter 3 – Yarn Dyeing

Along with dyeing fabric I also dyed some yarns too.

(As an aside I have the TV on in the background as I type this post and Neighbours just came on.  What have they done to the theme tune?  It’s terrible!  Just saying).

Image 1 - Some natural yarns drying in the sunshine.  These ones were dyed using the microwave method:

Chapter 3

 

Image 2 - Some more yarns drying in the sunshine.  These ones I found in a yarn stash box so didn’t microwave them in case they were man-made.  Instead I soaked them in the dye for about an hour or so giving the pots an occasional swoosh around:

Chapter 3

 

Image 3 – here’s my final ‘stash’ of fabrics, yarns and buttons ready for stitchery (there’s more green fabric than is visible - honest):

Chapter 3

 

I had some left over dye and decided to see what happens to melon and other seeds if I introduced them.

Image 4 – seeds having a soak in the dye:

Chapter 3

 

Image 5 – I left the seeds in the dye for hours and then eventually washed them off.  I’m really pleased with the results and they have a lovely sound when you swish them around (they had that sound before they were dyed but anyway):

Chapter 3 - Dyed Seeds

 

So now onto Chapter 4.  And here’s a sneaky peek for Sian!

Sneaky Peek !:

Chapter 4

 

Sneaky Peek 2:

Chapter 4

No comments:

Post a Comment