Sunday 15 May 2011

Chapter 2 – Blackwork and Tonal Effects (2)

So with the planning done I moved on to the extra enjoyable bit – the stitching. 

Tonal Column 1 – Using Pattern Development

For column 1 I used one strand of embroidery floss and built up the pattern gradually.

Image 1 – column 1:

Tonal column 1

Image 2 – close up of column 1:

Tonal column 1 - close up 1

Image 3 – close up of column 1 

Tonal column 1 - close up 3

Tonal Column 2 – Using Spacing of Stitches

For column 2 I used one strand of embroidery floss and used one little pattern to alter the tone.

Image 4 – column 2:

Tonal column 2

Image 5 – close up of column 2:

Tonal column 2 - close up

Tonal Column 3 – Varying Thread Thickness

For column 3 I built up the thickness of the thread starting with one strand of embroidery floss and ending with 12 strands.  I must admit that I did go wrong little along the way but unpicking would have been a nightmare so I bit my lip and decided to let it go.

Image 6 – column 3:

Tonal column 3

Image 7 – close up of column 3

Tonal column 3 - close up 1

Image 8 – close up of column 3

Tonal column 3 - close up 3

No comments:

Post a Comment