Saturday 30 April 2011

Module 2 – Introduction

So to begin with I started gathering images of animal markings and made a few word lists.  I decided for this module I’d try using a sketchbook for some things.  At the end of module 1 I ended up with a large bundle of papers and many samples etc and whilst that’s great I want to think ahead to almost after the course when I’ll be drawing on this work for inspiration.  Looking through the work I did towards the C&G level 2 (I did this a few years ago with the then Opus School of Textile Arts) I learnt that some things are good in a sketchbook, other things are not.  So when I’m not sure what to do with something it’s going to get pinned in.  That way I can whip it out again if I change my mind! 

When I was hunting out images from my existing stash I took a look at the image ‘sourcebook’ I produced for the Level 2 C&G.  I came across some interesting pages so I pulled them out (eek!) and entered them into my sketchbook as useful source pages.  I’ll add more images as I come across them.

Image 1 - Inside front cover of sketchbook with image and word list:

Intro 1

Image 2 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 2

Image 3 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 3

Image 4 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 4

Image 5 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 5

Image 6 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 6

Image 7 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 7

Image 8 – Page taken from C&G L2 ‘Sourcebook’ for images:

Intro 8

Image 9 – Image with word list:

Intro 9

Image 10 – Image with word list.  It’s not clear from this image but this iguana has some incredible textures and I’ll investigate them further for chapter 4:

Intro 10

Image 11 – Image with word list:

Intro 11

Image 12 – The patterns in the wings here are super:

Intro 12

No comments:

Post a Comment