Sunday 25 August 2013

Chapter 7 – Dorset Buttons

I tried to make Dorset buttons  didn’t do a great job although I enjoyed the process of making them regardless.

Image 1 – Have you tried to buy curtain rings lately?  It’s near impossible.  At least in my town.  So here’s what I ended up getting from Wilkinsons to try:

C&G Work - Chapter 3

 

Image 2 – Dorset buttons:

Dorset Buttons

Image 3 – My favourite one!  The green yarn is actually sparkly but you can’t really tell from this image.  It is wound round a washer:

Dorset Button 1

 

Image 4 – Wool wrapped round a wooden curtain ring:

Dorset Button 2

 

Image 5 – Fabric wrapped around a wooden curtain right with wool spokes adorned with beads:

Dorset Button 3

 

Image 6 – Wool wrapped round a wooden curtain ring.  The spokes have been woven into but it’s not very successful – the middle reminds me of too much pesto on a vegetarian pizza:

Dorset Button 4

 

Image 7 – A very Christmassy one.  Wool on a washer with red sparkly yarn wrapped around it:

Dorset Button 5

1 comment:

  1. I like the one wrapped in the strip of torn fabric and your colours are great, these make a lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete